Friday, May 6, 2016

Just a Rant



Recently I found  out my husband and I are expecting our second child. For us this was exactly what we wanted. We wanted Jimmy to have a sibling close in age so he can have his life long best friend; like I did growing up. This was an exciting moment for the both of us and we were thrilled to share it with everyone. But there is one question that I did not expect to get asked by several people. "What does your husband think about you being pregnant again?/ How does your husband feel about you being pregnant again?"

I would like to answer it with the question, "Why don't you ask my husband how I feel about him getting me pregnant again?" Would you dare ask him that? The answer is no; because you didn't ask him. You assumed the fact that I got pregnant again was all my doing because I can create a child on my own of course. You also assumed another child would be a burden to my husband. Let me just set the record straight. 

Before James and I got married we often talked about wanting several children close in age. I told him I wanted 7 children and he agreed to it. When I asked what would he think if we happened to have 8 or 9; he simply replied then we have 8 or 9 children. That is one reason I absolutely love my husband. For those who know me, you know I come from a family of 11 children and have always wanted a big family myself. 

Back to my husband; right after I had given birth to our son Jimmy (still in the hospital bed), James turned to me and said "We have to do this again." It was at that moment I saw that my husband meant every word he said about our future family. I didn't know I could love him more than I did before but I did. 

So in the future when I'm pregnant with my third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, or whatever child it may be, don't ask me a silly question. How about you ask yourself why you care so much about my husband's opinion more than anything else in this world? Because that's my job as his wife not yours.

Rant Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment