Friday, August 9, 2019


                   Pregnancy Dreams/Signs


        I always feel really in tune with baby during pregnancy. Like I can talk to them. Every time I'm pregnant I get vivid dreams. Not just any kind of dream, but a dream that tells me something important that actually is true. For instance, when I was pregnant with my son Jimmy, I saw my son as his one year old self (all blonde and chunky.) I said to him, "You look like a boy to me and everyone keeps telling me you're a girl." He said, "Tell dad I am a boy." And that was the end of my dream. So at 9 weeks pregnant I was 100% certain he was boy and I knew what he would look like. And it was true.




        With my second pregnancy, when I was just seven weeks pregnant, I had a dream that took place at my doctor's office. We were looking at the ultrasound and all i could see was my baby waving bye to me. I woke up that morning and called my mom and I told her that i knew that I would never meet this baby because they told me goodbye last night. My mother told me to start thinking positively but I already knew what was coming. At 9 weeks pregnant I began experiencing lots of pain and bleeding so I went in to see my doctor. He told me that my baby passed 2 weeks ago and was starting to make its exit out of my body. I cried so much and stopped leaving the house as much. I was so lost and couldn't understand why my baby had to tell me goodbye. Looking back now I realize how lucky I was able to say goodbye to my baby, even if it was in a dream.





        With my third pregnancy, I had no dreams but at exactly 10 weeks pregnant I rushed to the emergency room because I was having labor pains and bleeding heavily. The emergency room doctor called me "psycho" and told me that bleeding was probably normal for me and I just didn't know it yet. He said my baby was healthy and then he said, "Look at the screen. Your baby is even waving at you!" It was the same as the dream with my last pregnancy except now it was real life. I knew what was happening so ignored his comments and went to my parent's house (my husband was gone on pre deployment training and my parents were helping me with Jimmy that day.) After a few hours the pain was so bad I couldn't walk anymore. I knew I was in active labor. I checked myself to see if I was dilated. I was. I went to the bathroom and my water broke. Out came my beautiful son, who I called Michael. Alive and struggling to live. I could not save him and that still haunts to know I watched my son die in my hands. My mom rushed in the room and screamed, "Oh my gosh he is alive!." But we both knew he wouldn't make it and he died within a minute.





        Well it's now my fourth pregnancy and last week I had my first dream at 10 weeks pregnant. I told my mother I refuse to talk to this baby because I don't want to know anything but I do love them. I just don't want to know if something bad may happen. I have always prayed for my babies not this one i probably pray for them over 20 times a day. I just don't think I can take the pain of losing another one. So back to my dream, I'm sitting on the toilet and its filled with lots of blood (just like my last 2 miscarriages) and I am crying and I hear this man's voice say either, "Not today." or "Not this time." I can't remember which one he said for sure. But i look back in the toilet and the blood is gone. I woke crying and I had to tell my husband. I feel like God came to tell me because he knew I am in constant worry.





          Has anyone else had pregnancy related dreams or signs, good or bad, that turned out to be true? I would love to hear them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment